Lots to report...

Since the last time I wrote I have opened and closed my musical for the year - Annie Get Your Gun. We decided to do the old original Irving Berlin version of the show instead of the newer revival version. The kids had a great time and our orchestra sounded AMAZING!! I will post pictures as soon as we get them from the photographer.

The next show that I am doing in February will be The Diary of Anne Frank. I am way excited! I love the show and I have some great (well, I think they are great) ideas for the design of the show. Most of the students seem like they are interested in the show. I am hoping I can get enough people so that I can have the option of double-casting the show. I already have a student that has composed a piano/cello piece that we will be using in the show. I think my season of shows for this year has the potential to turn out really great.

This is not the big news though, WE ARE HAVING A BABY BOY!!! Candace is due on March 11th. I am so excited to have a little boy! I think it will be great to have one of each! The adventure now will be to find a name for the little guy. There are no names so far that both of us like, so it will be interesting to see what we decide on. If anyone has any GOOD ideas - drop me a line!!

1 comment:

amber said...

Yay for baby boys! Congrats.. I'm no good at names, though.. Ethan was over a day old before we landed on his.. ;)