Casting Completed

Well, I have finally cast my first show of the season for Skyline High - Beauty and the Beast. The whole process went relatively smoothly (thank heavens!). While the students were freaked out by an audition with a monologue, we still had around 65 people audition for the show. I thought a really respectable number considering that I am the new guy and people were skeptical about what I may do with the show.
I did have to deal with small political issues (who doesn't really) by making sure I give auditioners ample consideration before making casting choices - just to make sure that there are no irate parents or distraught students.
I posted the cast list on Friday at 5:00pm and then promptly left. It will be very interesting to see what kind of reactions I get on Monday. I really do not look forward to justifying my decisions to anyone... We will just have to wait and see though...

No comments: