I want more... HELP!

Well, I have started rehearsals for Beauty and the Beast now, but with a couple of snags... I currently do not have a music director or a pit director! They both are out sick - the music director in particular does not know when or IF he will be able to help with the show at all! Now, I would normally be very supportive (I mean, having to have a section of your small colon removed is a major deal), but in this case - IT WAS NOT EVEN MY SHOW TO BEGIN WITH!! I did not pick this monster of a show. In fact, I had no part in the whole decision-making process. So now, I am stuck with a show that I didn't really want to do in the first place, without a music director (who pushed the show choice on the administration) and I am not getting the help that I really need to make the show actually work!! It just makes me want to scream!
I do not know how they expect me to pull off a show of this magnitude without the staff that is necessary to make it happen. I am stuck teaching music to the entire cast while I should be taking care of costumes, props, and a gargantuan set that I have to build myself! I just don't have any clue what to do at the moment. I am new to the area, so, I do not know who to ask for help even if they could. I do have a parent support group, but they are in shambles because their president resigned since her daughter did not get the lead (good grief...!), but that is a whole other story...
All I feel like I can say right now is - HELP!!

1 comment:

amber said...

So... good luck with that... sucka!!! ;)

http://kc-labau.blogspot.com